Officially open December 8, 2014, conditions permitting. Snodeo will be the first major event of the season on December 12, 13 & 14, 2014 inside the George T. Hiltebrant Recreation Center Pavilion located on North Street in Old Forge, New York. Come join us for a season of fun!
NEW YORK STATE REGISTRATION
Each snowmobile operated in New York State must be properly registered, unless it is used only on its owner’s property. A snowmobile owned by an out of state
resident and operated in New York State must be registered in New York State even if it is registered elsewhere.
The owner of a snowmobile, which is operated on the Town of Webb & Inlet Snowmobile Trails and/or roads must have liability insurance coverage as required by the laws of New York State.
YOUTH AGES 10-17
Youth ages 14 through 17 years old may operate a snowmobile without adult or other supervision if they have completed a snowmobile safety training course recognized by the State of New York. Youth ages 10 through 13 may operate a snowmobile, on lands upon which snowmobiling is allowed, if they have completed a snowmobile safety training course recognized by the State of New York and are accompanied by (within 500 feet of) a person who is at least 18 years of age. Children under 10 years old or under age 14 without a safety certificate may operate a snowmobile only on lands owned or leased by their parent or guardian.
Persons operating, or riding as a passenger, on a snowmobile, must wear a protective helmet manufactured under Federal DOT standards or with SNELL approval.
To make your vacation both enjoyable and safe, please note the following state & local laws and regulations:
- State law prohibits riding on State Route 28 (except at crossings)
- Posted speed limits must be obeyed (i.e. Town roads speed limit is 20 mph)
Town road maintenance is intended for automobile and emergency traffic.
- Snowmobiles are not allowed on public sidewalks and exceptions are clearly
designated. Observe and obey all traffic and snowmobile signs.
- The use of any lakes for snowmobiling is NOT recommended as there is no way to determine their safety.
- Keep to the extreme right and yield right-of-way to pedestrians and automobiles.
- Groups must travel in single line.
- Be considerate of others. Respect private property.
back to top